Thursday, April 7, 2016

My first blog



Personal photo 
A picture of me
My name is Amanda. I am 25 yrs old. I graduated from East Aurora High School in May 2008. I decided to attend Waubonsee Community college right after high school to major in Early Childhood Education to inspire children for our future, also for someone who inspired me to be a teacher is my grandma and two aunts, who were elementary school teachers in Chicago public schools. I attended WCC for four years and graduated with an Associate’s degree in Aug 2012. I received a teaching job at Rachel’s learning center in March 2012 as a teacher aid and two years later as a Teacher in a preschool classroom until Aug 2014. My plan is to further my career here at National-Louis University in Chicago, to receive my bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education in Summer 2018. I am on my second term here at NLU, I need one more class left before i get into the National college of Education for Fall 2016-17. I have career goals that I want to accomplish and they are is that I want to receive my master’s degree in early childhood education by the age of 30. I want to be a full time student in NLU and focus on my classes to get good grades to be able to graduate with 4.0 GPA and be on the dean’s list. I will have more opportunity to apply for scholarships when I further my education. I will feel proud of myself that I accomplish something I really wanted to do in my life in school. My second goal is to receive my bachelors and master’s degree at National Louis University in Chicago,IL. NLU is known for early childhood education and used to be only ECE classes for all teachers, That is way I chose this University. I also love the downtown area since high school I always wanted to attend school and work in downtown Chicago,IL. Now that I’m older I have the opportunity to do it because nothing is holding me back from doing what I want to do. My third goal is after my degrees in Early Childhood Education I want to go back and attend school at University of Chicago which was my second choice of University I wanted to attend I want to get my degrees in Special Education as well. 
More about me...
I am very funny to be around
My favorite thing to do is: play with my dog
My favorite color is: hot pink and blue
My favorite topic to teach about is: Jungle and rain forest 
My favorite book is: All books! but my fave is Rainbow fish.
My favorite animal: Pandas!!
My favorite season is: Fall
My hobbies and interests are: Swimming, photography, yoga, bowling, listening to music, shopping and Mandalas creative therapy anti stress coloring books.

Personal photo
Me and my dog Lucky

Personal photo
Teacher Appreciation day 2012-2014

Links to check it!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kOCY0KNByw

https://www.google.com/?espv=2#tbm=isch&q=mandalas+coloring+pages&chips=q:mandalas+coloring+pages,g_4:hard


Personal photos
My class and I

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda,
    It must be nice to have relatives who have experience in the education field and that inspired you to pursue a career in education. The downtown area also appealed me to National-Louis University. Can't wait until the weather is nice to go out in the city and explore. Good luck with the class!
    Stephanie Solis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie!!! Thank you! yes it is great having family that used to be teachers. They help me a lot. Cant wait when it gets nicer out so I can do some volunteer experience in the city! Good luck to you also in the class!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful goals to have! It's important to have a bit of direction and it looks like you are well on your way.

    ReplyDelete